That's the name of an old film, starring Shirley Maclaine. An original chick-flick if ever there was one. Anyway, off I went to a place called The Customs House, just off the river in Shields. My younger brother John's group, The John Christopher Theatre Company, was putting on a stage production of this film and it was my first visit to one of his gigs.
It was brilliant, I have to say! A minimalist set, lit up by a cast of enthusiastic young people and a lead girl who could sing, dance and act all at the same time, making you laugh and feel sad at so many different times.
I think John's found a new star, perhaps to rival Jade Thirlwell - she of Little Mix who spent 5 years as part of this same theatre company - but that's way in the future, as she's very young. Or seems so.
You know, having two brothers who've made such a success of their careers is great - my older brother Jerry has a travel company, among a list of things. I can be happy for them both and that's a good feeling. Awesome!
Me? I'm just a struggling writer. It's a fact, no getting away from it. And I won't live at all in the real world until after the New Year, when I'll be a good way into this new book.
BUT! Getting back to younger bro, he's got a new show to produce for November. Cats, would you believe! Yep, he's putting on Cats at the Customs House. This, I gotta see. This isn't the real world, so I can go...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment