My superhero David Bowie used to set himself tasks in the pursuit of excellence. No time can be wasted if you're doing something that could, and should, bring about some kind of change, or different grasp on reality.
So I set myself a task: as this story quite often takes place on rainy nights, I must go out on rainy nights too. To keep the feel...
It was raining hard, and in no time my jeans and coat were drenched. I couldn't see very much under my umbrella and I couldn't hear too well, either, as the raindrops drummed about my head. I called by a cashpoint, and, a couple of minutes later, had to call by the same cashpoint again: I'd dropped a glove. Such things capture murderers... :-o)
My cousin Alison has baked me a cake for my birthday - A Carrot Cake In Blue. It's on her Facebook, so I'll have to post it on mine for posterity. She's captured the ancientness of writing and forged it into a cake, a tribute to her artistry in this field! I'm amazed at Ali's imagination in constructing this. Of Coffee And Cake - the history of my life.
Chapter 15 has been written, though not in its absolute literary form: I've left some room for future thoughts. It's good - I like what I've written, as it's light, with lots of dialogue and a bit of intrigue. Panning it out further right now, trying to encompass more than I know concernng all events, would be a moderate move on my part. So I'm looking at the next chapter - cripes, if I could complete every chapter in one night like I did this one, I'd have all three books down by Christmas! But I think I can point at any chapter now and say: this one, tonight, and get into things fairly quickly. Promising!
Tomorrow, and a date with blue icing...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment