Just got off the phone with Noel the Ultimate Proofreader. We'd been chatting for over an hour and it seemed like five minutes! We didn't talk about writing very much, mainly as there was nothing to report. I haven't written chapter 16 yet, and Noel hadn't read the stuff I sent him. There's plenty of time and I'm in no rush to make a mess of things.
I'm beginning to move into this chapter 16, though, and it won't be long. Come the New Year, I'll be happier about things becoming more open in my life. Just that, if I hadn't closed everything down, I'd have got nothing done. A strange journey for me, as I always seemed to be socialising with the world. Now I seem to be socialising with the net. Getting to the midpoint of the tale will be a huge moment. Decisions can be made with more clarity. I'm working towards that and it will happen.
The poem for the beginning is taking more shape, too. It will be there for an agent to read, needed or not. As will the prologue.
Still looking... still revising...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment