There are, during the course of this story, poems.
They are all, as yet, unfinished - though they have their place within the narrative.
Last night, I wrote another one. It will sit at the beginning, before the prologue. I think I've said before, that the beginning that appeals to me most is one that captures the reader with intrigue and makes the reader want to know more. Two of my favourite books, The Lord Of The Rings and Seize The Night, will have you thinking quite a while before you get to the first page of the story itself. I am of that persuasion, so this feels good to me, that I've managed to do this. And it causes me to believe further that a resurrected and rewritten prologue, spinning off this poem, would show the reader that there is so much more to come. We'll see if that works out.
No-one will see this poem, nor the rewritten prologue, until the first book has been written out. The correct time will come...
Dave Pimm, one of the Intrepid Four, and who writes under the pseudonym Solvejg Anderson, once advised me to set targets. He was, as usual, quite right. My target, now, is to try and write a chapter a week. If it doesn't happen that way, I'm sure I won't be too far off that target.
So, the two weeks have went well with regard to moving into the tale. The timeline of events reads better than it did and the light at the end of this particular tunnel is a lot bigger and brighter than it has been for quite some time.
We are progressing fine, I feel...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Sunday, 14 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment