The shift in direction at chapter 14 calls for a change in attitude. The previous 13 chapters have created a base upon which to launch the rest of the book. Chapter 13 could have been better, but I didn't dare write any more: I needed a time-out to crystallize what I was trying to say and I'm sure the Intrepid Four will give me some grief for what I've said already. But I have to treat that part of the book as a separate entity. Plenty of time to get fractious over the fractions! :-)
Music, notes and references all need to be reviewed, allowing me to consider the next chapters with a different outlook. It's a small adjustment, but it has to have a big effect on how I'm thinking.
I have to bring in other areas now, and fit them into the reader's perspective. The entertainment perspective. That's not to say I haven't done that so far, just that I have to be aware that the longer the story goes on, the harder I have to work to keep the reader wanting to turn the page.
New people, new scenes; original people moving through these scenes, affected by these scenes, not overshadowed by the new people and new scenes, unless that is required.
Controlling these new people and scenes is my job and everything has to fit. And what I've seen, I must try to recreate so that the picture in my head is transferred to the page and then into the reader's head.
I'm off now, nearly two weeks to consider things. I couldn't say if I will write a lot. But I will think a lot.
I feel a trip to the Dolly Peel coming on...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment