I'm looking at the next chapter, which has already been written. Still slightly unhappy about my own tying-in of things in the previous chapter - it's rather unfinished, and though I have most of it down ok, there is still a bit of 'thought-smoothing' to do. I'm not anti-religion, just there is a point to what I'm attempting to say and, therefore, need to make sure I don't get sidetracked or dig a hole while doing it. I'm glad I'm over the 'hump in the road', which was causing me real problems, so it's really a matter of ensuring the story follows itself. I can't think of everything from the outset, so long as I cover every issue eventually. The Intrepid Four will inform me of any shortcomings, but that's the whole point: different eyes see different things. Important things.
I believe that every once in a while I will have to look back and ensure that the writing is tight and that I don't just tail off sometimes. It's part of the whole process.
Now on to the next chapter! We move into a different area within the story, though it is a logical step, given the people already there. Though this chapter has already been written, I'm looking at the opening words, trying to avoid a bit of jar. Changing scene is good. Gotta make sure it works. The next three months will be hard... enjoying it, but it sure takes a lot out of you!
I've promised myself that I'll live more after the New Year. I've made this kind of resolution before, but as I think I'm writing more easily, it's something I feel I can stick to this time.
Ain't no stopping us now, we're on the move...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment