Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Tuesday, 22 May 2007

In the laptop of the gods

I went out with some friends on Friday gone. It was great. Except, one of my friends asked me if I was okay. Apparently, I was rather quiet and didn't seem my normal self. I knew why I had been quiet, but didn't feel inclined to say.
'Oh, I'm fine. Just a bit tired, that's all.'
Actually, I was thinking about my latest work. Writing was imminent. The building-up-to-it period was almost over. All I had to do was sort out a couple of things on a laptop, and I'd be on my way.

So I'm sitting here with a cup of decaff and some cheesecake, filling myself with comfort food before the pain and angst sets in. I know it's going to hurt. Not for me the 'statutory number of words a day and I'll be ok' routine. When I write, I write. All day and all night. I stop when I'm really too tired and I begin again when I'm really too tired. I think about it non-stop. Like now.

Last night I sorted out my laptop. I am about to begin this latest journey. In my heart I don't just want to be a writer - I want to be one of the gods. But I've knocked on the door to Valhalla before and nobody answered. Nobody heard me. Maybe I will knock harder this time. With Thor's hammer!

No comments: