Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Tuesday, 29 May 2007
It's Only Words
Don't tell anyone, but I only wrote about 250 words yesterday. Actually, it was last night - late last night. And it was roughly 240 more than I did the day before. I'd love to have written more, but I couldn't. I kept thinking that I could have written it better, and that I could have added more to what I'd done. I also thought that I shouldn't - that I needed to think a bit about what I'd done. Having slept on it, I now have an idea or two of what to add. Hmmm, could I be turning into a writer of some sort? Nah...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just write you fool! If your head isn't in your novel, then take a breather and write a short story or a poem or just write up some random image that popped into your head late at night. Just write! You can edit it later. You can't edit something you haven't written. It ain't gonna come out perfect first go. Write. Am I right?
Dead right, as usual. Last night, I listened to some music (k.d. lang; what a voice!) and then turned my thoughts back to the tale (as if they were ever away!) Hey, I suddenly realised that the stuff I'd written was far better than I thought it was. It was actually very good! A few more excellent ideas had entered my head, too. I guess I thought all the planning I'd done would have made the writing easier, but it doesn't. Planning makes the story easier to follow while you go along, the referencing, the surrounding thoughts. The internal writing is as hard as ever - sometimes, it will be easier, I'm aware of that. Future chapters may come easier, I'm sure. At least, I hope they do. I'm probably influeneced by how easily I had written a previous chapter. I'd expected the rest to follow suit. Yes, I surprised myself; it was like a shaft of light shining on my face. I have to stop being too critical of myself.
Post a Comment