Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Sunday, 13 May 2007

Of Course!

Way back, when the first germ of an idea for my latest novel appeared inside my head, I decided that the beginning needed to be active and relating solely to the protagonist. During a period of planning, I decided to leave that for later. Instead, I would lead up to it.
Wrong!!
Following a brief, but sparkling, conversation with Solvejg Anderson (whose maggotfarm blog-link is listed here), I realised I had been right the first time. Solvey, quite rightly, predicted a possible slow death for my novel if I started with my new chapter.
Thinking about this all afterwards, I realised I shouldn't have taken the original one out.
I like this new chapter, though. First impressions indicate that it could be the third chapter. It may come later. But it won't come first. It can't.
Dead right!!
Cheers, solvey.

3 comments:

solv said...

Wahay!
Nice to finally be able to repay one hundred favours ;o)
And good to have you back in blog-land Esy.

R1X said...

Ah, indeed - you canny be precious about the work - cut it out, damn spot!

esruel said...

Lol, Rich. Let's hope it doesn't develop into a rash!