My mistake in the past was to just dive in and see how things looked when I came out the other side.
Planning as I have done, and talking as I have done with trusted voices (Noel, Solvey, Rich, to name an illustrious few), I have come up with a handful of beginnings. I need to consider them carefully before coming up with the one. I may even come up with a different one altogether to those I already have. I'll come up with one, I know.
This is gonna hurt...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sure does hurt. But it's interesting how reclusive the author becomes - purposefully - even before settling down to the author's life proper. If only people understood us, we might be able to talk to them about things.
I'm afraid that's just it, Rich: writing is a solitary experience, and if you don't do that kind of thing then it's almost impossible to understand. I've got some really great friends who always wonder where the hell I've been, or didn't answer the phone. Our lot in life, I guess!
Post a Comment