Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Friday, 4 May 2007

The Last Midnight

As intimated in the title of this blog, everything has a shelf life. Pretty soon, the last midnight comes along, and after it: well, something has to happen, even if it is only the end.

I've quite enjoyed doing this blog. It helped me identify a few problem areas in my writing and allowed me a bit of breathing (and thinking) space. Certainly, setting it up, posting, listing some favourite books, films and pieces of music helped me to think with more purpose.

However, believing that I at last know which way I'm going with my latest work, I feel it's time to leave the blogging alone for a while. The Last Midnight has served its purpose for me very well. Now it's time to focus. Time to concentrate on what I do best.

Oh, by the way - The Last Midnight is a song from Stephen Sondheim's Broadway musical Into The Woods. It didn't last long on British tv, but I couldn't forget it. Look it up.
Have fun!
I'll be around.

3 comments:

solv said...

Always worth keeping your blog open old chum - something on the side.
Besides which, you have a duty to your fellow writers! You never know when you're gonna post something that seems innocuous, but helps somebody immensely.
Even giving someone a laugh is some sort of contribution to the universe! I've been thinking: I can recall very few novels that made me laugh. Very few indeed.
You haven't been given responsibility for a pack of transvestite playing cards recently have you?
;)

esruel said...

Given Rich's rep for getting in touch with his feminine side, I reckon he must have been one of the models and it was a complimentary pack!
I reckon you and I are the only ones who read my blog, so I'm wondering what's the point. I'll leave it up, for now, but my contribution will be variable in the extreme. Keep writing!

R1X said...

Blasphemy! Blas-for-you! Blas-for-everybody!