Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Sunday, 2 September 2012

What of the future?

The worst part of trying to project into the future is that part of your thinking that turns into the negative. What on earth do you do if/when the rejection slips come at you?
It can take months, a year or two, even, to realise that it isn't going to happen. What a horrible thought. I shivered at it and banished it to the 'just make sure it doesn't happen' file. And made a mental note not to go there again.
The Intrepid Four and Agents: that's where it will be decided, not in a loosely-conceived future scenario I haven't yet reached.
I must stay positive!
I'm not far off mailing my readers this beginning. We are well into the story now, and it's starting to open out. I now have to decide the movement after this. I've got lots of notes, so I'm not at any kind of loss. Every time I've written a chapter I've worried about its validity, then it has found its place and my previous thought processes have been proven correct. Got to trust that.
At some place at, or before, the midpoint, I must decide the positioning of other flashbacks - I've placed one already and I believe it works 'in context'. A snap decision worked out, which proved once again that creative influences will always find a way and worrying is really counter-productive. There are not many flashbacks, and they have top reasons for being there.
Patience and time. The future will take care of itself, so living in the moment will be beneficial if I continue to do that.
Just a little rain must fall... upon us all...

No comments: