Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Monday, 10 September 2012

Off for two days - yep, you guessed it...

This is my life, either writing, or reviewing my writing. Failure will hurt badly; not trying would hurt even more! So I travel on... At the end of two days, the Intrepid Four will receive their copies of 'the story so far', and I will press on with what needs to be done in the meantime.
By the way - nothing to do with this, but...
I was stopped, recently, by a young guy with 'Church of Jesus Christ' on his badge.
"Can I talk to you for a short while," he said.
"Sorry," I said. "But I am in a real hurry (I was!), but while there is famine, murder, rape and all kinds of misery going on in this world, I'm afraid, if there is a Jesus Christ, he long turned his head away from this planet!"
"So," said the young man. "If there was none of this, you would believe that there is a Jesus Christ?"
"No," I replied. "It is going on, and has been for a long time. He does nothing about it, therefore he can't do anything about it, otherwise, if he does care as much as he should, he would do something about it. He is doing nothing - nothing!" Or words to that effect.
I had to go, and left him muttering something I couldn't hear.
I've heard it all before, been a churchgoer as a kid, sang in the choir, went to Catholic schools, then experienced life outside of all that. I have no answers to the world's ills from those early days, nor do I have them from my time afterwards.
In the end, I feel it's about people. Only people have the power to change and effect change. The rest is all theory and hearsay. Just my opinion.

No comments: