Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Friday, 7 September 2012

A review before my reviews!

Having written the final piece of this beginning, I'm now able to review what I've done before sending it out to the Intrepid Four for their critiques. I don't really expect to hear back from the guys for at least a month, maybe even longer, by which time I will need to have entered another phase in the story. I need to consider my next step in the telling of this tale and then make it.
It feels great to have got this far, as I struggled to find the right move into a delicate area that needed a strong approach. I like the scenes I've created - it's the kind of story I would want to read. It may not feel that way to others. The reviews may indicate mistakes - they have done so in the past - but I've always tried to treat them as an augmentation i.e. they are there to help so must be treated with respect and trust. They've never been destructive, which is a huge part of the process set in a positive way. Worth the wait, for sure!

No comments: