Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Tuesday, 27 November 2007

To catch a moonbeam

And reveal it to the world.
That is my quest in writing.
I was never sure if I'd done anything like that when I wrote Sword - though I stand by what I did and the plans I made for its future. But I learned so much from writing it, so I'm glad I did.
With my latest work, I'm more aware of what I'm doing. And showing more patience in allowing the moonbeams to shine and play upon the page. But am I able to record the glitter of their light - at least, in a manner artistic enough to reflect their lustre back into the critical eyes of the reading world? You'll have to wait and see!!
I'm very happy with the prologue and the first chapter. Two very different pieces, but linked, nonetheless.
The introspection of chapter two reflects very well the introspection of my blog. The beginning of chapter two, however, is causing me some concern, even though I feel this chapter has a very good feel to it. I'm working on it.
Chapter three begins the movement into the narrative through dialogue. The ending of chapter three needs to be improved, which I'm also working on. Polishing both these last two chapters is a little more difficult, as they were written before the prologue and first chapter. But they are beginning to match. More than that, they are helping make me more aware of the immediate future of the story. I've just left them for a day or two, so I can gather my thoughts a bit more and also allow some freshness when I look at them again.
Pretty close to moving into chapter four, though I won't do until I'm happy that two and three are as they should be.
At the last check, there were 29 pages typed up so far, including two later chapters. Ha! They say an agent or editor can tell from the first page - even from the first few lines or seconds - whether a piece of work is any good. But I know I may have to send more than the prologue and first three chapters. Maybe that's all I need. Maybe not. I'll ask. But not before I've written enough to satisfy my need to prove I've created a true beginning. A beginning worth reading.
Then there's the synopsis. And the covering letter.
Cor! I'm making plans already!
Actually, it feels great. Two months and I'll be sending it off. It's a fact, an actual deadline. Hold on to your hats!

No comments: