Right now, I'm in the middle of revising chapter three (the prologue and the first two chapters read very well, I feel, preparing for the third chapter and the movement into the story proper), but I was feeling a mite concerned about where I was heading. Of course, I forgot to remember(!) that I had made some notes concerning the fourth chapter - though I never named it as the fourth chapter - and the fifth chapter, then the sixth. My problem being that as I hadn't given these chapters numbers, I was causing myself a problem: where to go next. Now that I've identified where I'm going, I don't feel so bad. It's there! Slight panic over. My worry lines have now receded a touch.
Once I've revised chapter three, and improved the writing around its ending, chapter four takes a physical shift away from the hero (though the focus remains on him - he is being watched), and chapters five and six return to the hero and the movement into the story proper.
So, the first six chapters after the prologue are devoted to the hero. Despite the short-ish lengths of these chapters, there is a lot there - at least, I believe there is a lot there. And if this is truly a swing into the main narrative, then I will have achieved the objective I was working towards: a great beginning swirling into a great narrative. Ha! Even though I say so myself.
This is my reminder to myself, in my chronicle of thought processes while writing my latest work. In case I forget again!
Just gotta do it.
Don't worry: I will.
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Saturday, 17 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment