Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Sunday, 5 August 2012

It just came to me!

The most important part of creating flashbacks is deciding where to put them. All of them are vital to the telling of the history of the story - if you decide to use them - so they need to be placed where they have the most effect. I was having terrible trouble working out where to put one of them. No doubt I'll have as much trouble placing the others when I get to consider them. But suddenly, while writing something else, I realised that this was a perfect place to let the audience see this particular part of the past - more than perfect, in fact. I had also thought of something else before that, and afterwards thought of another 'something else' to put in as well.
The funny thing is, I couldn't get to sleep and was doing my usual visit to youtube and generally, it seemed, putting off the writing. And then I had to look and consider things a bit. But this is just like me: writing sometimes without a pen, but writing all along.
It took me until 4 a.m. to come up with something. But when I did, I came up with something good.
A bit of a garbled post, but I'm tired.
Sleep came...

No comments: