Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Friday, 27 July 2012

Health-wise...

... I've been hunting around a bit, too.
Trying to find the elixir of life is like chasing rainbows: you will never get to the bottom of either. Mind you, there are certain things that come up regularly in modern homeopathy. Stuff like Cider Vinegar, Apple Juice, Honey, Maple Syrup, Water. Since I had that kidney problem, though it was a while back now, I've never really felt 100%. Me being me, I had to look around in an effort to learn more about what makes the human body tick. When you put that list of liquids together, you get a kind of health drink that tastes rather good and makes you feel ok, too. I've probably created - accidentally - the organic equivalent of liquid smack ;-) The things I've learned about the human body are amazing. The overriding feeling I have is that most of the organs inside of the human body are add-ons  i.e. they are there to either counter, or supplement, what was originally there. We have evolved. Modern life means we will have to continue evolving... but my knowledge is rather bleak in that direction.
Getting back to drinking stuff: when I go to the Dolly Peel, I have a standing order for what I call a Stressbuster. Linda, one of the barmaids, who also tended the bar at the famous Brunny 'fun' pub, knows exactly what I mean: Bacardi, Coke, Ice. Marvellous! Usually, though, I leave out the Bacardi. I just can't drink these days. Kidneys don't lie, and they can give you an alarming dig in the ribs to remind you.
But I'm off again in October for another two weeks. I'll be visiting my older brother and his family in Shropshire, as our birthdays fall within a couple of days of each other. And then I'll be writing well into what should be the last third of this first book. So I'll need to keep on top of my health if I'm to give it my best shot. I'm a lot better than I was. I'm not coughing all the time, though the taste in my mouth tells me that work still needs to be done to freshen myself up. That's where that drink concoction came in. Let's see how it goes. I'm a work-in-progress, all right.
Cheers!

No comments: