I've known for quite a while that I probably wouldn't write anything worth reading without music. Music influences your thoughts and mood - it influences your life. I'm always searching, looking up new (to me) musicians, artists, putting the odd comment up if I feel I should. Some artists are incredibly talented and I keep going back to have another look/listen.
I did try to learn acoustic guitar and also piano. I was a better piano player, but I didn't have the application those days and me and musical instruments drifted apart. I'd never have reached the level of some who are youtubed here, so maybe it's just as well.
I've listened to, and watched, so much music lately. It has helped me enormously when it came to channelling my thoughts and focusing my mind. Youtube is a regular haunt of mine, and sometimes I post the odd toon on Facebook if I think it merits an airing.
I couldn't say whether musicians and writers have the same creative outlook - music is certainly the more accessible medium audience-wise. Still, why should I even attempt to analyse that? Just enjoy it, enjoy the moment. It's wiser, perhaps, otherwise how can one relax and take in what is being performed.
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment