Or rather: what on earth are we eating?
I decided I needed to change my diet to something healthier than it has been of late. And that a healthier outlook might help my writing, and concentration etc. All this thinking is wearing me out! More roughage, less sugar in my tea, more water, less pastries, more fruit and veg, less sandwiches. It sounded good, anyway.
First off, I'd read the latest milk debate, and felt that maybe milk was not the healthy drink it was said to be. So I tried goat's milk - it's creamy, nourishing, much more digestible than cow's milk and so on. So the container said. Except, there is an aftertaste that suggests unhealthiness. Even tea didn't taste so good with it. Goat's milk was out.
I looked at, and tried, oat milk, soya milk and rice milk. None of them actually replace cow's milk fully - you can't heat them up too much, would you believe, and you have to let tea cool first before putting them in. Cool to what? And I've never seen such a contrived list of ingredients. Who actually gives the okay for these to go on sale? They are now out.
But I like coffee, too. With cream. Hmmm...
Perhaps the answer is to stick to organic milk and cream. Should have less gunk in it to what is apparently healthy enough in non-organic milk. Beginning to wonder what the food industry has been doing to us. And that's just looking at milk!!
Next up is bread. Keep you posted...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
..maybe you should try making your own almond milk? It is a little time consuming, but it would be a more natural alternative to cow's milk and provides the same round texture. If not try searching for raw cow's milk.
Consider looking into a raw diet, Es. It is radical, but anything good usually is or maybe incorporating some of it in. Here's one link in the UK: Shazzie.
Feel better. ;p
It's gonna take a while to change things. Better watch my double chin while doing it! ;-)
Post a Comment