The England football team's, too, by the look of things. They fell asleep for the first goal, and the Russian momentum brought about the second. Out of the European competition, virtually. I dunno...
In an effort to distract myself from such defeatist thoughts, I did a few things, and then found myself watching Howard's End - anything with Anthony Hopkins in is normally at least good. I've never read the book, so looked it up in Wikipedia. The synopsis is a horror story, and surely would result in any book not being published if sent out with sample chapters. Perhaps Howard's End really is a handful of smaller plots welded together to form a better whole, but it set me thinking again.
My latest work (calling it work is surely wrong, too, as it is such a pleasure to be involved in the writing of it! :-)) has smaller plots which I hopefully will meld properly into a larger whole. And I'd better get the synopsis right, otherwise I will be finished. That, of course, will come later, but it's vitally important to the selling of the story. I won't forget that.
Noel the Ultimate Proofreader has already raised the subject with me. Definitely: I won't forget about the quality of the synopsis.
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment