I was in a real ale pub in South Shields called The Dolly Peel, sharing a drink with an old mate who'd come up from London, when a guy I'd just been introduced to mentioned he'd got hold of a second-hand copy of a book about the Mayans. Can't remember how it cropped up, but it did. Ha! This then got me name-dropping, and I found myself talking about how I knew someone online who was about to be published in February, and that I'd read Fingerprints Of The Gods a while back - or is that Footprints? There were only four of us (it was about 2 p.m. on a quiet Monday), but I was holding court, answering questions put to me about blogs, the internet and Maria Harris (M. G. Harris, I corrected myself). Mexico, Litopia and Critters also entered the discussion - though I made it clear I hadn't been to Mexico and was no longer a member of Litopia or Critters, so there was no real claim to fame for me there. I was asked for Maria's blog, and mine. Perhaps a few more new eyes will glance at my online ramblings. I'm actually more likely to comment on someone else's blog rather than type thoughts onto my own, but I don't claim to be the world's greatest blogger, so I hope it won't be held too much against me.
Just follow the links to the rest of blogland and you'll be fine, fellas! And entertained as well as informed!
As for my own work, I didn't mention it. Maybe one day someone will be standing in a pub talking about it. Probably me...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment