Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Thursday, 16 August 2007

A taste of Peru!

I was talking to a couple of friends in Ocean Road, South Shields, when some rather lovely music drifted towards us. As one, we all stopped talking and began to listen to the band playing live in the street between The Ship And Royal and The Criterion pubs.
The music reminded me of Santana, with its bongo drums and clear melodic guitar - though it had a gentler feel.
In the end, I couldn't resist and I went over. Yep, they did have CDs for sale, so I bought one. Andean Lounge it's called and cost me ten quid. Worth it if it is as good as the live stuff. The band's name is Kalx, and the album was mixed in Newcastle, would you believe, at the Diablito Studios.
The first track is called Grito Del Diablo - Scream of the Devil. Nice!
I'll let you know what the album's like as soon as I've heard it.

1 comment:

helloagol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.