Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Thursday, 16 August 2007

A moment of truth

So then, I've been up to Noel the Ultimate Proofreader's house in Newcastle, complete with box of chocolates for his wonderful wife Chris (who gave me a scolding for doing this!) and with a disk containing the prologue and first two chapters, and some other chapters.
For me it's a moment of truth, as I feel that this is where I really need to dig deep and determine whether all of the plans I've made were good ones, and whether my writing has come up to scratch.
I'm not going to do this right now, though. I'm going to wait for a few days and give my brain a rest and just let it all sink in. What I've done and what I'm going to do.
I passed a comment to Noel that I was unsure whether the ending of the prologue led well enough into the first chapter, or that the first chapter began well enough after the ending of the prologue.
Noel said: 'Give your agent something to do, Peter.' Which made me laugh. If only!
I always feel I have to cover everything and leave nothing to chance. That's why I'm not going to do anything for a while in order to give Noel an opportunity to read what I've done and come up with his own observations.
I'm pleased with what I've done so far, packing in a lot of information into these initial chapters, telling virtually nothing and showing a lot - at least, I think so, which is where this rest will come in handy. I'll see things more clearly when I go back to it.
I really do wonder how long it will take me to write this story, and how far into it should I wait before sending the beginning off to agents.
There, I'm getting ahead of myself again. Stop it.
Now, where's that CD I just bought?

No comments: