Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Sunday, 30 December 2012

Goodbye 2012

I'm looking forward massively to 2013. For one thing, this first book will be written completely, errors will be put right, and agents will be contacted. That, of course, won't necessarily make me happy - though I dare say I will be happier than I have been. That could be the key: be happier. If we all try to be happier, then maybe we will be happier.
It's easier said than done, of course. All kinds of things can get you down; money, work, lack of money and work, health, relationships. Guess I'm lucky, as I feel a lot better than I have been, and being single means I can go and hide when the world gets too much and I can put some music on or watch a movie, or something. Can't say I'll be single forever - it's certainly never been my plan to be single. And I will be more outgoing, more open in 2013. Ladies, form an orderly queue! lol you can tell I've had a couple of drinks - beaujolais from a friend, for Christmas!
I won't be out on New Year's Eve, but I will be out on New Year's day - in Laygate, of course! Should be fun and hopefully I'll get to shake the hands of a lot of good people I'm lucky enough to call my friends. We all have absent family, absent friends, absent a lot of things. The personal 'shadow' we drag with us, especially at this time of year, can seem so much deeper and longer than it really is only if we allow it. So let's try not to allow it. Don't worry, I won't charge you for this advice! ;-)
Anyway, all I'll ask from myself in 2013 is to try to be happier and to get out more. The rest I can't control.
So here's to everyone on New Year's Eve. Here's to everyone for 2013. Let's hope those last two numbers will be lucky for all of us!
Cheers... x

No comments: