The only sacred parts of this story are the people who dwell within it. However, the past events that have fashioned their existence also reside in the current events that shape the story. The story itself must remain, and the chapters must be kept - modified, no doubt, but they are important, valuable. There can be no going back on what the story 'is', as I've spent a lot of time ensuring what it must 'not be'.
The beginning is good, but needs revising thus: the first chapter needs more of a kick and the ensuing chapters must run more fluidly along. New chapters will be necessary, but maybe only one or two.
This is not a short story, so any 'slowing' must occur later. Much later. Yeah, I know, you're getting bored reading all of this and waiting for the agent stage, but that part will be long and painful if I get it all wrong. Who wants to be told it isn't up to scratch by the very person who would get you published? You do want to read the book, don't you?
But it's good. I'm not sulking at my inadequacies, whatever they are. Just a wind of change, not a storm. There's no wreckage... well, maybe just my ego ;-)
I'll put some music up while you're waiting :-) And, if you're good, and very patient, I'll start the Christmas countdown from the 1st of December.
Knew you'd like that x
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment