Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Catching The Light

An Antoine Dufour acoustic piece that I listen to now and again.
It's also a phrase that lends itself to writing, where you really do try to capture pieces of light in thought form and present them to the reader in your own individual way.
Then you are judged, and light can soon become darkness if your switches don't work.
I've been rather caught up in this world I've created, and though I've tried to bear the reader in mind in everything I've done, I guess I may have lost sight of where I was going. Maybe... maybe not...
Given I'm a Dean Koontz follower, I do believe that the nature of the beginning of Sole Survivor has influenced my choice of beginning, as has When Darkness Falls. My story is different, but not so that there are no intertwineable threads. Perhaps, though, this is not what my story needed at this point.
I'm going to redo parts of chapter one and then explore an alternative movement after about the fourth chapter, leading back to the introduction of Maya, the hero's companion. A contemporary name in 2012 if ever there was one ;-) The introspective pieces possibly can be held back until later. That's all I can say right now.
This will take a bit of planning and even more doing.
But it doesn't have to entail destroying anything, nor setting off in a different direction. I know what I've seen. I can only change so much before the story becomes something else, so I need to be careful of these changes.
The midpoint is not that far away, in truth. Writing up as many chapters as are available will also help to secure a stronger vantage point, from where I should be able to view a more clear event horizon. Then I may not be sucked into the black hole that is the literary rejection pile! :-)
Time, that's all it takes. Just time...

No comments: