As soon as I heard about the death of Pavarotti, I hightailed it off to Youtube to watch one of my favourite music videos: Pavarotti singing with James Brown. As ever, I found myself smiling all of the way through. Can you believe it? Two of the most recognisable and iconic songsters ever to have graced the musical stage, singing together on the same stage. Bowie's thoughts on texture being the most important ingredient in music are heard coming to pass in a rather unlikely, but emphatic, way. It doesn't get much better than this. The video has now been added to my blog playlist.
I'll shut up now and let you listen...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment