Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Thursday, 4 November 2010

Northern Children's Book Festival 2010

A brochure popped through my door, promoting the above event. Great, I thought, I must go. Being the author of a children's tale (nope, never got further than the first in that area), the idea appealed to the child in me. I only stopped reading The Beano at 33 (Frodo's age - I'm sure he would have loved it!) so there is still a huge kid buried beneath the painfully-slowly-written-adult-mountain of a story I'm attempting to scale.
Then I skidded to a halt: what on earth would people think about an adult male attending alone a children's book festival? All my nephews and nieces are almost grown up. Sly looks, suspicious thoughts, stares??? And that's just me! I realised that I couldn't go. But still, at least I should be able to buy stuff online and find out how it went.
Anyways, authors such as Julia Donaldson (The Gruffalo), Karen McCombie (The Raspberry Rules), Justin Richards (Dr Who/The School of Night), Robert Crowther, The Two Steves (Return to the Lost World/I Hero), Chris Bradford (The Way of the Warrior/Young Samurai) and Steve Cole (Astrosaurs/Slime Squad) will all be there.
Should be fun, and though I'll not be there, I'll buy tickets in support of it all.
Now then, where's that Beano...

No comments: