Off I went again for one of my now-legendary strolls along the sea front. I was a bit early this time, though, and it was too light and a fair number of people were around. Not so peaceful, this time.
But still, it was quiet enough and I took the opportunity to give Noel a ring and enquire after his trip down to Essex with his lovely wife Chris.
We also got talking about my latest work, which was good as it allowed me, as always, to expound on life as we know it - or at least, as I feel it should be!
Returning home after a quick visit to the supermarket (Jaffa cakes for when I'm writing), I set about looking at how far I'd actully got with everything. I soon discovered I'd written a whole set of notes far in advance of how I viewed them to be. It stuck out like sore thumb, too, as to what I needed to do next: look at the story. Not the chapters I know I have to do, nor the flashbacks - of which I must only allow to be a few. But the story. What are the events that create the story? What is the focal point of the story?
I've written scenes, and I have important people in them. I've looked at history and created links. In the past two weeks I've looked, but at four in the morning called it a day too many times while failing to address the true question: what is the story-drive?
I must crystallize the 'why'!
I'm glad I haven't written very much lately. The probability is that I didn't write very much as I didn't know where I was supposed to be going at this point in time.
I have managed to write a small flashback, something important, linked to history - true history. It's great and just what I wanted to write, so I have kept that focus in me.
Now is the time to write the links, the story, the movement.
That will be me on Friday night.
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment