Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Thursday, 29 July 2010

I've just realised something!

In the early hours of this morning I realised something: that my head is full of thoughts. Nothing strange about that. Except, it is for me!
You know, in all my previous jobs I always seemed to carry the work around with me. Even when I wasn't physically carrying something with me - notes, disks - I was always mulling something over in my head.
These days, I might have the odd thought about work, but mostly I do not.
Hmmm. Writing should be easier, then.
Not quite... I think the world is beginning to creep into my head, to find more room inside my head.
I seem to be finding more space to think about the world, about life going on around me. And whereas I made an effort in the past to find time to write in my spare time after work, these days I seem to need to fight to get enough space to even think about writing, now that I have more spare time after work. (Come again, Pete?)
It feels rather odd. More time to think means less time to write. I gotta change that!

No comments: