Just had a conversation today with Noel the Ultimate Proofreader. And, along with the two reviews from Dave Pimm (solvey) and Rebecca, I know I have enough in hand to allow myself to review the new first chapter.
I didn't send it to Rich this time, for the only reason that he has such a lot to conquer in his writing life (I do feel that he is close to a deal) that he really doesn't need my stuff clogging up his head. Nothing more than that, but it's a big 'more'.
Not sure if Craig (Rebecca's husband) can see any changes in his wife, but if she suddenly sits down with a pen and begins to write, he is in for a shock. Writers are mad! Hope he can cope lol
Apart from a few niggles, the chapter works. For me, and my three reviewers. Of course, that guarantees nothing. But at least I seem to be giving myself a chance that an agent's eyes will not be too unhappy to read my work. Happy enough to offer to read more may be a tough call, but I hope someone might get to the end of my submission, when it happens, and not stick it in the reply paid envelope after a few lines!
So, I write on: review this chapter, add the subsequent chapters to it and see where I go.
Things are moving now...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Things certainly are moving now!
You're on the cusp of that weird milestone where you get some sort of sense and control of the basics, and can then shift focus onto style and those magical flourishes which make your writing unique.
Your best writing yet, and a pleasure to read!
Thanks, solvey!
I've already made amendments to most of the sticky bits. The second paragraph was a bit wordy, too, but I've altered it to read more smoothly. The scene at the end will be revisited, so I had to get it right, otherwise I'd have been in trouble. Still learning to write lol!!!!
The movement from sword/epic fantasy to science fantasy has been difficult.
You've been a massive help, solvey. Onward lol!
Post a Comment