Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Wednesday, 12 August 2009

What now?

So, I now have three chapters that actually run together at the beginning of the book. I hope I've illustrated the hero as a good guy and someone worth following. The problem is, it is more than likely that I haven't written an opening capable of attracting an agent, or even whoever reads it first at an agent's office.
I like the poem. There are more later in the book to illustrate certain abilities and happenings.
I like the prologue, which may never see the light of day. Unless, as solvey has rightly suggested, I add more to it. However, adding more to it might make it too long. The prologue was necessary in order to form an idea in my head. Now it's there in my head, perhaps the prologue is a detractor, or a distraction. I don't know, really I don't. In any event, the prologue will never be sent to an agent. But it will be there as added information if it is ever needed. Everything I've done may be taken down as evidence! Evidence I can write? Or not...
There is a strong probability that I'll write an opening very soon, and take out the prologue. I think Solvey and Noel would expect that. Forward momentum, as both have impressed upon me.
Right! Roll 'em!

No comments: