Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Friday, 14 August 2009

Prologue-less

And there it wasn't!
I've removed the prologue as a part of the story itself. I will keep it for reference, but for now we have the poem and then the opening lines of the first chapter.
Obviously, I need to consider whether the opening chapter should be the opening chapter. Should there be another chapter before that?
Of course, I can't say for definite right now. It's difficult looking at the beginning without the prologue being there. I have what seems to be the perfect type of opening in my head, but I must remember that my first chapter 'as-is' seems like a good one to me. Why change things further?
Watching The Da Vinci Code last night shows what a beginning can be. Does it need to be like that? The one I have in mind is like that. But will it now look like everybody else's first chapter?
Well, the prologue is no more. Small steps for now.
Food for thought...

No comments: