Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Friday, 11 March 2011

Quo vadis?

Now that I'm well into the story proper and contemplating the future, I've found myself again thinking about the kind of agent who might be interested in my tale. I've looked around and noted the names of agents who are looking for science-fantasy. One of the agents listed is the one that gave me my best-ever reply to an earlier work, but which also gave me my worst rejection, in terms of emotional impact.
"Your work is very well-written, and you have done well to send this to me."
My heart-rate increased.
"Unfortunately, my preference is for dark fantasy, and I would therefore find myself unable to represent you..."
My heart stopped. I'd hit the post... again.
With this new one, I feel like I'm writing a big one (well, that's always the plan with my stuff), with future tales attached. Hate to think I'll hit the post with it, though I have to be prepared for it.
On that note, I sincerely hope Man U don't hit the post against Arsenal like they did against Liverpool. I can take defeat in an important match, but not in the manner of that last one. Not recommended!
Saturday... a new day...

No comments: