Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Sunday, 29 August 2010

Cough it up!

Yep, just when I have three days off and am about to write probably the most important piece of this story, I've caught a cold. I've got a splitting headache, I'm snuffling into tissues like a pig looking for truffles, and my throat is so sore and irritated I can barely breathe. Anyway, I've made a large pan of soup, filled with enough veg to feed a non-meat-eating 5,000, so at least I'm making some effort to restore myself to healthfulness. It's nice, but my throat is still sore I can barely breathe without coughing. In the end, I've resorted to pineapple with ice cream in a further effort to soothe my throat. The rest of the soup is in the fridge, waiting for tomorrow.
Jeez, and I hope I'm better tomorrow - this writing won't wait. And after I've written a couple more pieces, I will undertake a much needed review of where I am, and where I need to go.
Right now, though, I'm watching Casino Royale on tv. He's good, is Daniel Craig, which I didn't expect.

No comments: