Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Friday, 2 October 2009

Falling leaves...

I keep seeing them. How they relate to what I'm about to write is up to me, I guess, but they seem relevant. They seem to represent death. But it's what they become, not what they are, that is the key.
I've settled on a certain new first chapter. One that carries links with the past in the tale, but which also foretells danger for those who are left to carry on. I'm not entirely sure that this is the right way to go, or even that it is necessary, given that I like the original first chapter (now the second chapter). But the scene I'm writing seems to have no place later in the story, and the very beginning is as natural a point for it to exist as I can find - meaning that I was going to write it (it's in my notes) but hadn't found a place for it up until now.
It's possible that, after writing it, this may still not be a first chapter. But it will have been written and I can make a decision afterwards. I guess, after having the original first chapter there, in front of me, for ages makes it difficult to view another one in its place.
Still, on with it. See where it goes!

No comments: