Guess I've been pretty quiet, lately. You can blame my writing for that - though there's nothing to actually 'blame'. I've just had my head in the clouds, dreaming of the future, and trying to unlock that huge door in front of me to see what's there, beyond. I've got enough, now, to write the second chapter again, and I've removed from the opening page of the book the quote from Eleanor Rigby (the song). Putting the little nursery rhyme at the beginning changes the whole complexion of the tale - it is more personal now. A problem this caused me was the very real question of 'who is the story about?' In the end, I have conceded that it is about more than one person, though the true hero is the hero, not the heroine. I get a feeling that the heroine will steal the show - if I'm lucky. I still feel that I can write parts of the other chapters better - I guess I will always feel that way. But it's fun, and I don't feel as serious as when I was writing Sword. I am, perhaps, not as intense a person as I was, but who am I to judge that!! I hope it reflects in this story, anyhow.
Huh, me relaxing as a person is about as real as a chat room. But then again, chat rooms exist, so where does that leave me? Thinking again!
Oh, and I've joined the Michael Hedges facebook group. Take a trip!
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment