Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Saturday, 15 March 2008

A walk in the park

The South Marine Park, to be more accurate. Sometimes I just have to go for a walk down the sea front, invariably wandering through the South Marine Park first, then along the pier for a while and back through the North Marine Park. As it was raining today, that's what I did. (I like to walk in the rain, as there's nobody else there.) While walking, I spoke to Noel the Ultimate Proofreader on the phone, and discussed a million things such as reading, writing, football, horse racing, my new job and fish and chips in Berwick. The fish and chip supper usually comes after a trip to Lindisfarne. We've decided that we must get to Lindisfarne soon, if only for the fish and chips.
I, personally, need to feel Lindisfarne's icy wind tearing at me before I begin writing again, blowing away the mental cobwebs inside my head. The chances are, though, that we won't go there for at least another month. I will have begun writing again long before then. Not that I ever stop writing - most of it swirls around inside my mind. Just the physical act of writing will begin again soon.
Noel asked me not to be too hard on myself. Ha! I wouldn't be me if I didn't blast myself about something. He's right, of course. Publish or be damned, that seems to be my motto. At the moment, I'm damned. I love the story I'm currently writing. So maybe I shouldn't feel damned at all. I'm fortunate. No doubt about it. My fear is that it never sees the light of day. I will write it all, eventually. One day, the first book will be finished. I know how the story ends, so my writing will be geared to reaching that conclusion. The ending of book one has unanswered questions which lead into book two. Book three is there. I've almost got it.
Soon!

No comments: