Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Tuesday, 19 February 2008

To the future...

Actually, it's the past that deserves a toast. I really can't remember how much work I've done in order to have come up with this story. I seem to have been working on it for at least a year, and it has probably been longer than that. I've no idea, either, whether it is any good, or publishable, or even readable, though I do have two opinions from Solvey and Noel the Ultimate Proofreader. They both give me hope!
I guess I probably haven't been working on it half as much as I should have done, nor put as much thought into it as I believe I have done. I've simply done what I've done, for better or for worse.
I remember describing my story in this blog as 'off the wall'. It still stands. Both Noel and solvey have the beginning of it. They may think so, themselves, but haven't said it. I have notes and further chapters. There is so much of it still to write.
But now is the time I have to seriously think of, and come up with, a synopsis and proposal. Then I have to find agents to throw them at!
I don't expect to be published; the chances are I'll just get rejection slips. I've actually had some good replies in the past with other works, but a no is a no, in reality. And if the reports of agent work-overload are true, then perhaps all I have to look forward to are rejection slips.
But off I go in search of an agent. It will be a lot more fun than I've painted in this post, just the fear-factor is kicking in.
Wish me luck!

No comments: