Having half-throttled this cold, and feeling so much better, I took up my latest work again and went over the first two chapters. Things needed to be done, I realised (I knew beforehand, but hoped my last impression wasn't wholly correct).
I finished last night at about 2 a.m., and rather liked what I'd done. This was now so much more how I imagined it would feel. Reading it over again a few times more helped me to retire to bed in a rather buoyant mood.
This morning my cold still bothered me a bit, but not as bad as previously. And I still felt that something extra was needed for me to feel that I could step forward to the third chapter - a chapter which, in the back of my mind, I probably haven't written or created either in my notes or even in my head. Tonight will discover more on that.
I made further adjustments to the second chapter. Suddenly it clicked - I realised I was completing this first passage, not looking for problems or clues. And it reads like a dream. Totally divorced from my fantasy style, written in a modern english and pushing along, with thought, description and action all intermingled. Well, not totally divorced - I like a bit of poetry and description, but I've developed a new style that encompasses everything I've done, but written in a modern way.
I'm sure I'll get better at it as I carry on. Not worrying about it though, as the answers are all there in front of me.
Now then, this third chapter... tonight!
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment