Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Monday, 2 April 2007

*******Somewhere Over The Rainbow********


Naked, starving child
Reaches out to barren skies:
Another world is looking in.
Naked, starving child
Calls out to us from foreign skies.
"Aunty Em! Aunty Em!" she cries.
She is afraid,
While we are looking in.
Yet on the other side of the screen
There’s laughter;
A child is playing,
With peace inside, not hunger.
Emma turns,
And sees this all before her.
She points to show us;
Says simply, "Crying!"
A voice is heard while dying.
And so it is, for this child must die.
Like the scarecrow,
Someone else must know the reason
Why?
Slow, then, pans the camera across the empty sand.
So many people dying there
In a wasted Poppyland.
And I wonder, vaguely,
"Should I lend a hand?"
It is a waste,
And I am looking in.
So is held the picture
That casts upon me still a spell.
The wicked witch is dead,
Yet still there is this hell.
If you have a wish,
Let me be your wishing well.
Don’t be afraid
At my looking in.
For if we close our eyes,
And click our heels together,
Maybe we can change this world,
Make it disappear.
But then, this must be another world;
For we are only looking in.

No comments: