It's been a while since I posted anything on my blog. That's because it was meant as a record of my writing progress. There has been little progress in terms of getting things down on paper, though plenty enough going on in my head... future books, a movie ;-) It has taken a few years to get to this point and I just didn't have it in me to do very much. No need to spoil it by being impatient. This has changed now. I'm a lot better, though it doesn't really feel it, and what exactly it all means I couldn't be too sure. I'm having writeable thoughts, which is an up-turn at the very least.
I had left a chapter open and unfinished. I couldn't write very well at the time - if I ever did! I've been looking at it and retracing some steps. The exposition and the narrative are difficult to match. Writing them up has been a task - as my good mate Dave Pimm keeps telling me, narrative must be relentless. Exposition can kill you off, so this particular chapter will take quite a bit of retouching. Movement, interaction, explanation... oh, to be a reader. Life would be so much more simple.
This is well past the bridge from the beginning to the story itself. They are all part of the same piece, but you must know what is what, and the effect thereof. There, I'm beginning to sound like a lawyer...See, I can do anything!
Been looking at agents. I will need to have the whole story written up. Then a small army of readers to slap me about a bit. A few months... Getting on with it :-)
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment