What on earth possessed Mary Shelley to give her most famous story a sub-title. And a pretentious one, at that? Can you get a better name or title than Frankenstein? Good job it didn't ruin the story - possibly an afterthought title-wise...
There is no Prometheus in my tale, though there is a creature. The story hinges on it - something monstrous for the audience to hate, revile. And hopefully to wonder about. I can't compete with a name like Frankenstein, but then again, Shelley's monster wasn't called that. Wonder what else was missed? No great correction from the author. It possibly helped to leave things as they were.
Names are important. I've changed a few and changed them back. It's an ongoing process to be aware of.
I'm getting on with it. It's taking a while. Prolific I ain't. But you get few chances to do something of substance. I'm not writing a shopping list, but hopefully it will end up on most readers' wish list. Ya neva know!! Time to look at this year's christmas countdown...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment