Friday saw me admitted to hospital at about 6 a.m. unable to breathe... you think you're going to die and the great literary plan is all but over. Funny that I had to write my name on paper so they could check my medical records (I could barely speak and kept choking) - writing unto my final breath lol Gasping for breath and collapsing like a rag doll with tears rolling down my face was an indignity I never imagined to experience. Survival was nothing to do with me, but made possible through some sterling work by a nurse on her own during a night of emergencies. Thank you, Nurse Rachael. I will marry you if I ever live through this book ;-)
Internet research tells you that the number one reason for entry into emergency care in a hospital is being unable to breathe. It also tells you how great a problem is diabetes. So, it's either a side effect of the drugs, or of the condition itself. But no-one actually states that, so I'm surmising... a bit...
I'm off this week, hoping to write more than just my name as a final epitaph... still expecting to finish it by October... if I'm not around by then, will I become a ghost-writer? ;-)
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment