Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Sunday, 15 June 2014

The muse returns

It's taken a while to feel like writing again. Actually, I believe the muse was always there, just it couldn't find its way to the head of the queue. Even missed my Auntie Pauline's funeral. Rest In Peace, little lady. If there's anything beyond, we'll listen to Elvis once in a while... xxx
My story timeline did its job, though. A bit of thought made me realise I'd kind of missed a step or two within a step or two - but that's why I created this timeline: it allowed me to think around things, as opposed to trying to think of things. I would have written stuff last night, but the England match got in the way :-)
The furore surrounding Rooney's inclusion in the team has got worse - they're even arguing about it on the tv panel during the discussions. Scholesy has put a thought into everyone's heads. Dead right, too! Rooney created Sturridge's goal, but missed two great chances to score himself. I think Hodgson fell into the trap of trying to include someone who doesn't fit into his plans. Of course, you need more than one plan, but sticking Rooney on the left, where he doesn't want to be, can't work if he won't do it. We've seen him cover and run and tackle then start up attacks and score for Man U. Not here, though. Hmmm. Why did he seem incapable of doing something we've seen him do so many times for his club? Because he didn't want to? I'm a great fan of Rooney's, but Sturridge puts the ball in the net. It's why Michael Owen was preferred to Andy Cole (and anyone else) for England. But Gerrard is no Pirlo - we need more in midfield than Gerrard can offer. Sterling's potential is plain to see, but nothing is being produced outside of it just yet. A bit of mayhem, but the Italians worked at it and that's all it was last night. Thought, application, work. Something's gotta give, selection-wise.
On the diabetes/breathlessness thing - a bit better...

No comments: