I return to work tomorrow after quite a few weeks off. I'd like to say I've been recuperating, but it hasn't been like that. Discovering that I'd got type 2 diabetes and a hereditary form of it to boot, with the consequent 'high everything else', meant that all those years of trying to live healthily was really a waste of time. Well, maybe not, but it seems like it. It was a blow to the brain. Mr Hypochondriac had something to worry about for once! Anyway, I go back to work every bit as tired as I was when I left it. Jeez, I slept for England these past weeks - and was doing so long before that, too. Still, my kidney function seems to have improved and I don't drink gallons any more.
All that meant I couldn't write too much, didn't dare try to write, really, and went a fair way to explaining why I went long periods without writing anything at all. In the end, I was rather glad I had left things well alone. Tonight, I picked up where I left off and had a good look at where I'd got.
It was patently clear that the shape I was looking for was barely there. I liked what I'd done, but I'd broken things up a bit. Large parts of the jigsaw were still in the box. So I got them all out and pieced a few together - and looked at the rest of it. Even though I know I'm going to add more to the prologue, I put it back where it should be. Then I put in the opening poem, and some other stuff I'd done for the beginning. The picture became a whole lot clearer again.
I don't feel that the rest of the first book will take too long, now - I've written quite a lot of it already.
Just gotta keep taking the tablets... ;-)
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment