I've been pretty poor at sticking to deadlines. The truth is, I've found everything very hard-going. This has been a tough story for me to write. But I'm talking in the past tense, when I've still got such a lot to do. I thought I'd have had it all finished by now - the first book, at least - but the turn of this year will see me a third of the way there. Still, a third is better than it looked to me some time back, when I wanted to throw it all in: writing this book, the blog, the whole literary journey. Agh, who knows? I may be writing something or nothing. I'll only know when it's done and the time has come to present it to the literary world.
Part of my problem is that I seem to need music and movies to help me through. Maybe I've been doing too much of that and I've been distracted. Anyway, they are not muses to discard lightly. So I won't. I've done so much reading, in the past, so my influences and instincts are rather well formed as to what kind of story I prefer. My musical influences reflect this, too.
Instinct. My hobby-horse. Without it, you will go nowhere. I've fuelled it; just gotta hope I've helped it enough to help me.
Enough about me: check out MG Harris. Maria is a writer on the up. She's a friend of mine on facebook - go take a look. We're talking books and movies long-term. Should be fun to see how far she can go. Yeehaa! lol
Now then, where was I...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment