Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Sunday, 4 August 2013

Comfort Food

I've been eating too much of it, lately: biscuits, chips, mash, curries. Then again, I've been writing, so therein lies the tale. Still, honey and coconut oil ought to balance things out, as should apple cider vinegar and water. It all sounds odd, but when I see what too many people eat every day, all day, there's plenty of evidence that we're all headed for the funny farm! Food for thought... And I need to exercise - lots! The last time I went for a run, I don't think mobile phones were invented. At least now I'd be able to phone for an ambulance if it all proved too much. Then again, I'm always leaving mine in the house, so my next run may well end up being my last... hopefully...  ;-)

Back to the writing, and I won't bore you too much. I've basically had to leave everything and clear my head before embarking on a rewrite. It's taken months, but I'm now able to look at things with a fresh perspective.The worst part has been getting under the skin of the 'reasons'. They need to be plausible reasons, helping the story along, stopping it at the right moment, then surprising the reader at other moments. The narrative, at all times, must be relentless.
Relentless...

No comments: