... but I'll always be a red!
It's been a strange season in the football world. If the media were to be believed, Man Utd were finished, gone - financially and football-wise. I've looked at, and listened in horror to, the conclusions of all of the so-called experts. Everyone seemed to be ignoring the obvious: the injury crisis at Old Trafford was almost crippling. Not according to the media. Man U were simply not good enough any more. Their time was over. Ronaldo and Tevez were the heart of the team. They couldn't recover. Completely forgetting that they both did little last season, and were reduced to virtual spectators by a Barcelona team playing in a Spanish version of the Scottish Premiership.
I must be following a different game. Where did they get it from... the media, that is?
And Alan Hansen - he with the Liverpool badge - was at it again. Man Utd can't win the premiership: they've lost three games already. Following that line, nobody can win it now! He should be pensioned off. I mean, you can't win anything with kids, can you lol. And didn't he also berate David Ginola for daring to think France could win the world cup in '98? Major stuff, yet the BBC still uses him. His finishing is definitely not sensational. Mediocre, actually.
As I said, it's been a strange season, and Man U might not win anything. I just can't figure out, though, why their faults were so magnified by the media, and everyone else's positives were so praised. Because everyone else's negatives are now kicking in. How could Man Utd's positives have been so ignored?
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment